Sunday, September 20, 2015

Ghost Orchid


Ghost Orchid by D.K. Christi

Ghost Orchid by D.K. Christi is a book that almost had me lost for words. As I looked at the book cover, before I began reading, I couldn’t help but to feel excited. Just the background, the girl and the white most around the camera had my imagination getting ahead of me. Calming myself down I had to remember to read it first.
When I finished reading I saw in awe. The book cover did not disappoint, because the story is as brilliantly beautifully as it is. A mystical romantic story of love, betrayal, heartache and forgiveness, I was hooked from the beginning.
D.K. Christi is a talented author who has her own style of writing that amazes me. The Everglades plays as a setting in the story, at what points I won’t say because I don’t want to give spoilers, and the author described the setting with more than on point knowledge. Not only is the Everglades described on point, but they were beautifully and vividly described. I felt as though I could imagine every single detail down to the smallest thing.
The story came alive as I read each word and I didn’t want it to ever end. The plot contained twists and turns that kept me from even thinking about putting the book down. Mysteries around the past come slowly undone as she tells her story. “Ghost Orchid” is a magical and yet romantic read that I’m adding to one of my favorite reads. I even felt as though I was following the characters, Neev and Mel, watching them from afar throughout their lives.
D.K. Christi captivated me with this book and stunned me to the very end. It’s a very moving story, one that deserves to be read by everyone. She is a brilliant author and I can’t wait to read her next book. I recommend this book to everyone and guarantee that you will be stunned when you're finished. I do caution readers who plan or will read this book by saying that it’s one you need to make sure your schedule is clear until you're done since you won’t put it down until the end.
I was provided a copy of this book by the author for my honest review.

Reviewed By Keishian
The After Dark Reading Nook
Click here to read more about this book or to get your copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment