Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Vincent Boys


The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but gave it a chance, and it was great. On the one hand, I felt at times it seemed more like an after high school story. But, then again, I remember some of the drama in high school being something I thought adults would be dealing with not under aged teens. But, that being said, I don't think this is a teen book. It is an adult book about teens.
But, I loved the way Ms. Glines penned this story. The turmoil, tension, genuine love and caring the characters felt for each other. It was great. I liked that all of the characters totally loved each other and cared, and the romance complicated it. It wasn't as simple as love and hate, and jealousy. And, they worked to try and work things out. Great listen.
As far as narration goes, this was the second book I have heard by, Shayna Thibodeaux. And, I loved it. She really pulls you into the story and grabs you. I normally don't care for books with multiple narrators, but this one was great. I also really liked Kirby Heyborne. I thought he pronounced Ashton's name a little strangely, almost like Ashting. But, otherwise, I was very impressed. Sometimes male narrators make woman sound very strange. But, not Mr. Heyborne. I loved this book from beginning to end. I thought the 2 narrators blended well together. Sometimes their style or cadence is so different that it seems they are narrating completely different characters. But, not these two. It was great.

Reviewed by Marla Josephs
http://www.marlajosephs.com/
Marla's GoodReads Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment