Wednesday, January 20, 2016

XODUS (The Astralis Series Book 1)

XODUS (The Astralis Series Book 1)
by K.J. McPike    

I'm hooked! I took a chance on this book because usually I can't find books in this genre that, I believe it's listed in Fantasy, Paranormal, Magic. And, as most genre's are, those categories are so vague that it's often not something I want to read. However, this book looked interesting. I listened to the sample and my interest was immediately peaked!
Ms. McPike makes the unreal, believable. Her characters are interesting and well developed. Their reactions are believable. She takes the fantasy, magic, paranormal and adds it to real, normal life and the characters react to it. The storyline was smart and engaging. And, I can honestly say I lost sleep, having an extremely busy week that didn't allow for much listening or reading. I found myself having to force myself to put it down so I could go to sleep at night. I am a fan! Can't wait for book 2. This is also the first book I've listened to that was narrated by Natalie Hoyt. She did a fantastic job.


Marla Josephs
http://www.marlajosephs.com/
Marla's GoodReads Reviews
The Next Great Read FB Page
https://twitter.com/marla_josephs

No comments:

Post a Comment