Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Love Hurts

Love Hurts by Mandi Beck
This book leads me to what might sound like a contradictory review. I enjoyed the book. I enjoyed it enough to definitely want to read the next one. While I thought Deacon and Frankie needed to grow up at times and behave more maturely, that never once made me want to stop reading or took away from the story. Yes, I asked myself, why does Frankie keep "Flashdance" around when she knows how much it drives Deacon crazy. And, she knows she loves him and he would do anything for her. But, then Deacon and his tantrums are a bit over the top. YET, it's one of those stories where you are watching two characters go through what they go threw, childish behavior and tantrums and all, but its a great story. Usually these turn out to be badly written characters in a story that had potential, but just didn't quite come together. This was just the opposite for me. Despite the fact that the characters had these flaws, the story was engaging, made you want to know what would happen next, and I was still rooting for these characters. I'm an MMA girl, so I love the fight stuff. And, I wish that Frankie had taken some of the jujitsu and other martial arts since her dad owned fighting gyms. Nothing like a girlie girl who can kick butt if she has too. Not much else to say without giving away too much. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one.
I listened to the audio of this and enjoyed Wen Ross and Kai Kennicott. I've listened to several of their audios now and have become a fan. I don't always like multiple narrators. But, these two work well together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment