Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Cold Dark Place

A Cold Dark Place by Toni Anderson
CREEPY!!! But in a good way. This was another, or rather the first thriller in this series. I read the latest one first. I really enjoyed this book. I loved Alex. And, the twists and turns keep you on the edge of your seat. There were times I wanted to slap Mallory, but only when she was putting herself unnecessarily in harms way with no backup. I'm a martial arts enthusiast for years, and train in hand to hand combat, grappling, weapons from guns, knives, sticks, swords, and even I wouldn't be willing to do that if I had Alex as backup. It didn't seem badass just silly.
BUT, that said, the story was still wonderful and the beginning of a great series. I read book 5 first and was stuck! I can't wait to sink my teeth, or ears, into book 2. Ms. Anderson really makes you feel like you have a front row seat to the action. And, with this one, I was glad I was home or it was daylight when I was reading some of it. Definitely one of those that keeps you looking over your shoulder.
And, Eric Dove does a great job in this series. I really don't even know what else to say. Ms. Anderson gives you a ticket by writing a story that's a heck of a ride, and Dove takes you on that ride. I would highly recommend this series. 
      
Reviewed by Marla Josephs
Marla's GoodReads Reviews
The Next Great Read FB Page
https://twitter.com/marla_josephs

            

No comments:

Post a Comment