Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sweet Filthy Boy

Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren

I'm on a roll. The last few books I've chosen have been big winners for me. I loved this book. It made me think of what people with arranged marriages might go through. Though this wasn't an arranged marriage, it's strangers getting married and what happens after. And, yes arranged marriages still happen today. I had a colleague who had an arranged marriage and I was dying to ask, how awkward was that?!?! And, recently found out about a MMA associate who just got back from being married by arranged marriage in her parents home country. Again, I had the burning desire to ask, but didn't of course. Still, that has to be really weird day to day.
I'm sure everyone's experience would be different, but I loved these 2 characters. The whole story was weird good. And, I loved the time in Paris. I just love Paris and it made me remember when I went as an exchange student. I stayed with a wonderful French family and explored Paris very much as she did. I started off each morning with a trip to the patisserie for a pain au chocolat, then it was an eclair, etc. I went through phases. I was reliving the view from the Eiffel Tower amongst other places. Loved it!
I have to say, I wasn't sure I would like the narrator, Shayna Thibodeaux at first. But, after the first few minutes I loved her. She did an amazing job. At first I thought her accent wasn't right. But for someone who was half French, raised in France with an American mother who actually spoke English to him obviously, I thought it was perfect. I see some reviews of people that don't like the narrator. But, I honestly enjoyed her. There was something in the very beginning I couldn't put my finger on that gave me pause, but I was totally engrossed in the first few minutes. So for me anyway, she was great. She brought the characters, the feelings, everything to life.
Reviewed by Marla Josephs
http://www.marlajosephs.com/
Marla's GoodReads Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment